Welcome to the 5th ASEAN-Korea Multimedia Competition.
The year 2014 is another milestone in the ASEAN-Korea strategic partnership as we commemorate the 25th anniversary of the dialogue partnership of ASEAN and Korea, as well as the 5th anniversary of the Centre’s inauguration. The silver jubilee celebration will be marked by significant events including the Special ASEAN-ROK Summit scheduled to be held at the latter part of this year.
To further emphasize this meaningful year, the ASEAN-Korea Centre will host the fifth edition of ASEAN-Korea Multimedia Competition. The ASEAN-Korea Multimedia Competition hopes to boost mutual understanding and provide a platform for cultural exchanges among Korean and ASEAN youths by going beyond the traditional visual arts and by incorporating multimedia, such as photography, video, and new media tools.
Under the theme “Lifestyle of ASEAN,” the Centre hopes to reflect upon ASEAN’s new cultural values and discover ASEAN’s diverse world of fashion, craftsmanship, food, architecture, culture and other elements of daily life. By showcasing creative and new media artworks (photography, video, multimedia), the ASEAN-Korea Centre also hopes that the competition will further contribute in advancing the cultural exchanges between ASEAN and Korea.
It is our ambition to provide a platform for all to rediscover the traditions, cultures and related lifestyles of ASEAN member states.
With that being said, we would like to announce that we are currently calling on applicants for the 2014 ASEAN-Korea Multimedia Competition under the theme “ASEAN Lifestyle”. Students and/or anyone under age 30 (*with nationalities of ASEAN or Korea) are welcome to submit their artworks from May 23 – July 23, 2014 to our webhard (http://idisk.aseankorea.org) as listed below:
√ Rules for Submission
– Size: above 300dpi, high quality, in case for video within 5 minutes
– Any type of digital multimedia files up to 3 artworks per entrant
√ Selection Procedure
– Evaluation: Organizing committee’s advisory board will carefully review and evaluate all entries and select the winners.
(1) ASEAN Winners or Winning Teams: USD300 per entrant / 4 day trip to Korea for the opening of exhibition and awards ceremony (roundtrip airfare and accommodation will be provided), visit to related organizations
(2) Korean Winners or Winning Teams: USD300 per entrant / provide round trip ticket and accommodation to 1 ASEAN member country (AKC will discuss further details later)
*Airline tickets cannot be transferred, sold, or bartered. Only one airline ticket will be provided for winning teams. The ASEAN-Korea Centre is not responsible for any loss or damage that might occur while travelling.
√ Exhibition: Award winners will be provided a chance to exhibit their artworks in Seoul and local art galleries
For more information, please kindly visit our competition website: http://mmc2014.aseankorea.org. For other questions, please contact our officer in charge Ms. Su Youn Kim +82-2-2287-1130 [email protected].