Toshiba’s Scholarship Program Overview
In order to support outstanding students in destitute condition, and who have studied Master/PhD program at National University – Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM) and potentially become a leader in the future, Toshiba’s scholarship program in 2014 will provide scholarships for VNU-HCM students in the major of science, technology and other disciplines.
Award Amounts and Value
There are ten (10) full-scholarships available worth 100,000JPY per year and ten (10) partial-scholarships worth 50,000JPY per year.
The scholarships are only available for senior students of bachelor degree or engineer with the following conditions:
- Graduating in academic year 2013-2014.
- Enrolling Master program at the beginning of academic year 2014-2015.
- There should be formal recognition for the two conditions above (compulsory).
- Or students who had studied Master/PhD of VNU – HCM.
- The scholarships open to all students who have destitute condition in finance.
- Successful applicants will be required to achieve excellence results in academic and research.
- Limited age is 27 years for applicants who studying Master programs and 30 years for PhD programs ( priority for younger students).
- Requirements in English or Japanese level:
§ Having undergraduate or postgraduate degree which using English or Japanese in educated.
§ Having bachelor degree in English or Japanese major.
§ Graduating diploma in training programs in country where the language used in the entire program is English or Japanese (not through translator).
§ Having certificates in English or Japanese from the following or more: TOEFL IBT 61 , ITP TOEFL 500 , TOEIC 600 , IELTS 5.5 , JLPT N3 , …
§ Prioritizing for students have received scholarships from Toshiba previous year.
1. Cover profile.
2. CV with sealed photo.
3. Demonstration the desire to make differences in the University, local community and wilder world through their study and extra-curricular activities .
4. Achievement research in postgraduate program, or transcript of bachelor program.
5. English certificates (if any).
6. Merit certificates, certificates of achievement in academic and scientific research (if any).
7. Letter of recommendation and certification of lecture/supervisor who guidelines on content and presentation midterm report.
8. Letter of recommendation from Board of Dean.
9. Dispatch from Office of Student Affairs.
10. Papers on the economic status of themselves or their families.
11. The articles published in reputable scientific world and in the country (particularly for students of PhD program).
Where to apply
Please complete required document and return to: Office of Student Affairs O1.105 – Contact Mr. Dang Quang.
Application Deadline from now until 25/07/2014 (Friday)
For further information, please access Office of Student Affair’s website: http://osa.hcmiu.edu.vn
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Dang Quang (Office of Student Affairs – O1.105) or via email [email protected]